Occupational Health and Safety Policy
This policy outlines Balton CP's (BCP) commitment to achieve the highest attainable level of occupational health and safety for our staff, contractors and visitors throughout all areas of business activity.
BCP is committed to creating a safe work environment that promotes awareness, responsibility and accountability in all matters related to the health and safety of our employees, contractors and visitors. We seek to prevent the occurrence of hazards associated with work and the work environment through established risk management procedures.
Our statement of general policy is:
- To provide the best reasonable control of health and safety risks arising from our business activities;
- To integrate health and safety into our business strategy and activity planning;
- To consult with our employees, contractors and visitors on matters affecting their health and safety;
- To provide adequate resources to ensure that our OH&S policy is applied throughout our business
- To provide, maintain and ensure the safe use of plant machinery and equipment;
- To ensure a safe environment for handling of any hazardous substance;
- To provide appropriate and targeted health and safety training, information and supervision for our employees, contractors and visitors across our business activities and sites.
- To establish measurable objectives for health and safety activity across our business activities aimed at driving continuous improvement towards the elimination of work related illness and injury, so far as is reasonably practicable
- To ensure that all health and safety hazards and incidents are promptly reported and investigated and that appropriate control measures are implemented to eliminate or minimise the risk of recurrence.
- To review and revise the company's occupational health and safety management systems and monitor the effective implementation of this policy at regular intervals.
ALL BCP Group employees are expected to carry out business activities in accordance with this OH&S Policy and act responsibly.