HOME » UTILITIES
Government facilities such as legislatures, city halls and courtrooms perform a wide range of functions. They are used for hosting summit meetings, holding conferences and debates, parliamentary voting, and many other purposes. These facilities have demanding communication requirements such as state-of-the-art sound quality and simultaneous interpreting systems. At the same time, they must ensure the security and safety of participants, employees, and visitors. Government buildings therefore face daunting security, safety and communication challenges:
- Providing state-of-the art conferencing systems
- Managing a wide variety of different access authorizations for high-security areas
- Detecting intrusion, sabotage, and malicious attacks
- Dealing with fire and explosions
- Providing video surveillance of all activities
- Evacuating people quickly and efficiently when required
KENYA POWER AND LIGHTING COMPANY.
Kenya Power is the biggest Power utility company in Kenya with several substations around the country.
- Kenya Power needed to replace 48 VDC power supplies for its critical telecommunication sites across the country to meet growing demand, increase standby time, reliability, and effective remote monitoring.
- Kenya Power incurred significant expenses in managing all the operational expenses for the remote sites.
- Amiran’s Gamatronic total power solution was chosen to provide pure and reliable 48VDC with sufficient standby time during power outages and power monitoring system based on Gamatronic’s GEMSI site management system.
- Gemsi` total solution was chosen to be the cellular provider home monitoring system due to its comprehensiveness (hardware and software) and its ability to include various proactive applications in one system.
- Real-time controllers communicate with remote units that communicate to GSM/ IP communication.
- Main system indicates real-time events and critical information (alarms), that followed by site energy usage operation in efficient manner.
- Central management system enables the control of multi-sites and devices and monitors it remotely
o DC & Battery systems - using the batteries as energy source, real-time status measuring and alerting
o Environment Monitoring - thermic map of temperature, humidity, airflow, security and safety, followed by airflow path changing
- Central Management system
o Allows management and monitoring of many visual sites
o All data transferred from remote units to central control are saved and analyzed
o Real-time status of each monitoring device
o Produces a variety of reports and graphs in different formats
o Prevents and predicts faults events Real-time alarms burst from remote units to the central control and sent via SMS/E-mail to defined users
o Online services updated by technicians
o Performance tracking & preventive maintenance
- Significant reduction in site’s operational costs
- Technician efficiency – improved
- Power consumption - reduction
- Preventive maintenance, professionally and efficiently – improved
- Real time controllers interfacing to one central Management system
- Running and monitoring several site from one place