Nation Media Case Study
Nation Media is the largest independent media company in East and Central Africa with offices in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. The group plays a prominent role publishing newspapers, managing radio stations, internet and television channels.
Nation Media Kenya searched for an Uninterruptible Power Supply system that would support their mission critical applications. The customer specified several requirements such as a system that was modular with an extremely small foot print that would offer full horizontal and vertical redundancy.
After Nation Media reviewed systems of various manufacturers, 2 of Gamatronic’s Power + Classic 80kVA Modular solutions were favored as the optimal answer to the client’s needs.
The Power + was chosen for its small foot print, full redundancy, efficiency and reliability.
Following Nation Media’s excellent experience, the company purchased another Power + system of 100 kVA.
Power+ Classic 10-(50)-100kVA
• Power+ Classic is an electrically and mechanically modular 10-100kVA UPS system, uniquely designed to grow flexibly as power requirements grow.
• Easily upgradable on-site through addition of plug-and-play 10kVA modules.
• Power+ offers the optimal combination of efficiency, economy, and usability – and boasts the industry lowest TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) and fastest ROI (Return on Investment).
• Power+ is a parallel redundant UPS.
• The system comprises of 1 to 10 UPS (or 1-5) – modules of 10kVA each, a system controller, static switch module, and distribution block.
• The flexible system is user upgradable from 10kVA to 100kVA (or 50kVA).
• Modules are designed for hot insertion, hot swapp.
• The battery bank is common to all the modules and can be built as one or more branches, for battery redundancy.
• The Power+ controller has an internal communication card, which in conjunction with Gamatronic PSM software enables remote management of the unit, including real time monitoring and operational control.
• Power+ Classic is available in a 50kVA Static Switch or 100 kVA Static Switch, or 100kVA Static Switch Parallel version.
* Parallel option only available for 60kVA & higher (on 100kVA model).